Monday, December 31, 2012

Another year in Venice

On this last day of 2012, I am in Santa Fe wrapping up the WPI Venice fall projects that ended on December 15, with a set of awesome presentations at Venice City Hall and at UNESCO.


The teams did very well indeed and I expect their final reports to reflect their outstanding work.  They should be done in a week or so and I will report on their individual accomplishments in due time, before I switch hats to the Santa Fe projects that will take over from mid-January until May.
It would be good to see these students again in Venice some years from now, so they can see how their projects had an impact on my hometown, which I am sure they will...
Although the 2012 Venice projects were outstanding, on a personal level the year itself was not as good as I hope 2013 will be.  I look forward to the new year, now that we made it past the "end of the world" according to the Mayans.  Perhaps we are entering a new era...
We shall see what this baktun will bring.  I expect it to be very good.
Farewell 2012!

No comments: